The Bickerstaff's

Monday, June 26, 2006

Hold on to your Emotions!!!

WOW what a day!! Things could not be better in baby land! I was able to see the baby today...

It’s not just a blob on the screen anymore!! It had arms and legs... It was kicking and jumping all around. His/her hands were even waving up and down. The heart rate was still very visible and strong. I was able to hear it and everything today. I even got to see the two different hemispheres in its brain. (I could see all that, but no sex organs as of yet.) This was a great sonogram! The technician measured the small amount of blood left and was very impressed. She also measured the thickness of my uterine wall. Later, when I met with the doctor, he explained to me that my uterine wall is very thick and that this baby is very strong and healthy! He said there is just a small amount of blood left and it has worked its way down to the bottom. A very good sign! He thinks I will stop bleeding by next week! What a relief for me! He has no worries at this point and feels that we are very close to being out of the woods. Boy am I ready!

So to keep everyone updated on how I am “feeling” - Well, the so called morning sickness has set in. I feel like I have a hangover… It started showing up around dinner time for a few days, but now it starts much earlier in the day, and today, I felt sick as soon as I got out of bed. I never really want to eat and the thought of foods and the smell of them about kills me. It has been very hard recently to eat a balanced nutritious diet, especially since what turns me off the most is any type of meat. I have to try and sneak meat in, like put a bunch of hamburger in the spaghetti sauce, etc. I talked to the Dr. about it and he said that if I can get a protein shake down, that would be beneficial, but not to worry because most women begin to feel much better after they are in there second trimester. (a little over 2 weeks to go…)

I will consider myself blessed on this morning sickness situation. Some of my friends were sick as early as 3-4 weeks into their pregnancies. Mine waited about 7 weeks. Another reason is that I have not actually “Given Back” any food. I just feel nauseous. And lastly, it has taken us so long to get to where we are today that how could I complain. I am just blessed!!!



6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats! I am so excited for you! What a cute little baby you've got growing there.
Love,
Camie

6/26/2006 7:08 PM  
Blogger Boxley said...

Congrats Angel! I'm Mary Chandler's Mom and have been checking your site w/ one eye open and one eye shut. Today - both eyes had tears - so glad all is growing well. My grandmother said the more the mommy-to-be is sick, the healthier the babe!! Take care.

6/26/2006 9:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is great news!!! I am Mary's sister Melissa and have been hoping for good news for you!!! Keep complaining about the morning sickness if it doesn't get better! My doctor gave me Zofran and it works wonders!!!

6/27/2006 6:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Angel and Timmy,
we are so happy for you and you know we are keeping you in our thoughts. We can't wait to see our beautiful neice or nephew. We miss and love you.
Love
Dave Nora Johnny Kaelyn Megan and Ryan

6/27/2006 1:42 PM  
Blogger M said...

YAYAYAYAYAYAY!!!!! I am sooooo excited! This is great news. Enjoy the morning sickness (ha) it will be the only time during your prego months that you will not be gaining weight. So happy for you, timmy, the pups, and the baby! Time to start buying everything baby...

p.s.Sorry that I have not had a chance to return your call- been a little busy with the babe:)

p.s.s. How funny that my family is obsessed with your blog? I love blogs!!!

6/27/2006 6:12 PM  
Blogger Lora said...

Jumping on the friends of Mary train. I love these u/s pics, you can totally tell its gonna be a cutie-pie! Congrats!

Lora (Mary's friend)

6/28/2006 3:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home