Unscheduled Sonogram...
Well, today has been filled with much distress. I awoke this morning to some bleeding, and became immediately worried about the baby's health. Since we get up early, around 5-5:30 am, I knew the Dr's office would not be open yet. I showered and went on with my business. (Wednesdays are my busiest days at work.) I was on my way to Sarasota, about an hour south of Tampa, when it was finally 8:30 am and time that the Dr's office would be open. I needed to talk to someone. They told me to get to their office as soon as I could... Did I mention that I just drove to Sarasota? So they moved up the Sonogram appointment and Dr's visit to today instead of Friday. I met Tim at home and we went to see the Dr. Of course we waited in the waiting room for over an hour, but finally we were able to talk to a Dr and the sonogram technician. No bad news, but no good news either. During the sonogram, the tech. observed that the sack holding the baby was a bit small. (The dark circle toward the left of the screen.) We zoomed in... and in... but could not find a heartbeat. Please do not get scared yet, the tech told us that due to the size, it's probably too early to see the heartbeat. They may actually have my due date off a few days. The fact that there is no heartbeat yet is nothing to worry about at all. In fact, we have another sonogram next Friday to try it again. Now, the lighter circle up and to the right of the baby, that is a blood clot. It could be ok and just pass, it could just stay there and then disappear, or it could pass and terminate the pregnancy along with it. Again, we have no good or bad news as of yet. (About 40% of all women bleed during their pregnancies.)Please think positive and send healing thought our way. If we find out anything more, I will let you know.


1 Comments:
Hi, I'm a friend of Mary's and I just wanted to say that my prayers are with you. I'm sure everything will be just fine (breakthrough bleeding is very common). The first trimester is usually full of lots of ups and downs and I hope you get your next "up" very soon! I am keeping my fingers crossed for good news :)
Lora
www.lilypie.blogspot.com
Post a Comment
<< Home