First Dr's Visit...
Yesterday morning was my first Dr's appointment. I was so excited. I got there early and read a pregnancy book out in my car for a while. When the office opened, I was the first one in there and was handed a pile, no wait, more like a book of papers! So much paperwork. I finished all the paper work and began to wait for some amazing encounter... Someone there to be excited for me. (Who am I kidding, I was waiting for baloons to fall from the ceiling as a parade marched through to congradulate me!) No such luck. I sat... and I sat... 2 hours in the waiting room to be exact. Then I met with a nurse to discuss family mediacal histories. (She did say congradulatons, but still no ballons or parade.) After I was done with her, I sat in another waiting room for about a half hour. Then I had blood drawn, peed in a cup, got weighed, etc. Next, I was moved to an exam room. It was freezing in there as I sat in a "pretty pink paper dress." Finally, I met with my Dr. for a few minutes for the usual tests (He also congradulated me, but still no parade!). He told me that everythig looks really great, my uterus is inlarged and that is a good thing. He also wanted to get me in for my first sonogram next friday! I am so excited!! Most new momies have to wait till about 8 to 10 weeks to even be seen by a doctor. (And even longer for a sonagram.) But because of the last pregnancy, my first sonogram will be at 6 weeks!!! And finally there was my parade of excitement. As I was walking down the hall, the doctor said to me... "And next week would be a great time to bring your husband, we will be listening to the baby's heartbeat for the very first time! I can't wait!!!


1 Comments:
CONGRATS!!!!!!!!
We are so excited for you guys! You are going to be great parents! Don't feel bad, there were no ballons at my pg confirmation apt either. At least your doctor had pink paper gowns instead of the nasty blue at my place.
Can't wait to see the sonogram pictures!!!
Post a Comment
<< Home