Are Mothers Handicapped?
Are Mothers handicapped? The reason I am asking this is simple. Last Friday, I took Addie shopping for a little. (She was so good and slept the entire time!) Well, I had to use the restroom, for the first time in a public place with Addison. She was in her carrier. I walked in to the bathroom and thought to myself, self... How are we going to do this one... The size of the stall made it impossible to fit the carrier in with me... So… I used the handicapped stall. I usually do not like to do this as I am always fearful that when I go to exit, there will be someone there waiting for the stall who really needs it's added safety features. Well exactly that happened. I was in Target, they had one handicapped stall, and when I went to leave the stall a woman in a wheel chair was waiting for it. I was so embarrassed and felt that I had to explain myself. The lady just looked at me like I was crazy for talking to her and I left.
Another situation like this happened the week before. Again, I took Addie shopping, and we were on our way out of the mall. When we got to my vehicle, I saw that the car on the left of me had parked so close to my car that I was not even sure if I would be able to get in my driver's side door. Then I was thinking, there is no way the carrier, you know the hard plastic car seat that you can carry newborns in... There was no way it was going to fit in that side either. (I know what you are thinking, so put Addison in on the other side of the car. Well, we had to pick a friend's son up at day care the other day, and Tim and I still had not taken out the big kid car seat yet. The carrier would not fit in that side. I actually had to put Addie on the front seat, slid into the driver’s seat, and back out of the parking spot. Then stop, grab Addie, and put her in where she belongs. I'll tell you what. I was so mad at that other car! I wanted to beat it with a bat! (Luckily, I do not carry one in my car...) So anyway, my point being, a handicap parking spot is much wider and would always allow me the room to put my daughter in the care safely. So are mothers handicapped... You decide!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home