The Bickerstaff's

Monday, March 05, 2007

2 Months Old!!

Well, today was Addie’s 2 month check up. Everything went well. Addie weighed 8 pounds and 14 oz. She was 21.75 inches long. The doctor said that all those numbers were good. For her weight she fell in to the 5th percentile. (For those of you that are unaware, they give you a % along with the baby's stats to let you know where they stand with other babies their age. For Addie, out of 100 babies, only 5 are smaller than her! Ya, she is a tiny one.) For her height, she is in the 10th percentile. She also received 5 shots. I thought I was going to cry. The doctor left the room to get all the shots. While she was gone, the tiny baby in the room next to me was clearly getting his shots. The poor baby screamed and screamed. I mean really let it out. I had tears in my eyes. I was so worried about being a big baby when it came Addie's turn. When the doctor came back in, I put Addie down on the table, held my breath for what seamed like an eternity, while holding her tiny hands… and then she gave her the shots. Addie was so good! She cried, but did not scream. She was pretty quiet. (The pacifier in her mouth helped out a bit too.) I picked her up and immediately she was better. I was able to place her right in the carrier and she went to sleep. She did a ton of sleeping today, which was good, because the few times she woke up, she would go to move her legs and scream out in pain. It just broke my heart. After the second dose of Tylenol, she was much better. I even let her soak in a warm bath tonight, Dr's recommendation. I think she really appreciated it. What a trooper she is. It is amazing to me how strong she is. If I had 5 shots in my legs today, I think I'd still be crying it out!

PS, Tomorrow morning is her first day of daycare. It is a trial day. I am taking her a few times this week to get myself ready to be back to work full time. I'll let you know how it goes. (I'll probably take her and drop her off, then go home, cry for three hours and go pick her up!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home