Day Care
Day care is not so bad I guess. On Tuesday, Addie went to day care from 9-1. Then on Wednesday, she was there from 8:30-2, and today from 7:15-2.
She is doing well. The day care teacher, Ms Hussian, has told me that Addie has trouble sleeping there. They get her to sleep but then any noise from the other children wakes her back up and she cries. I think it will just take her a few weeks to adjust to the new noises. Here at home, she sleeps through anything. (The dogs barking, the vacuum, the television... All fine. The only thing that wakes her up is the ring on my cell phone when it is up too loud.)
They also hinted to her crying all day... They would not tell me that she cried all day, but I could tell by the way they were asking me how much she usually slept during the day. This too I think will pass. (We are working on a number of things right now. I have to take all milk and green leafy vegetables out of my diet. She is also on a trial dose of a medication to treat reflux in infants. The combination of those things should reduce her crying, her gas, her throwing up, her gagging, and her congestion. Here's hoping!)
It is definitely an adjustment! It is hard to plan out the feedings, as I am still breast feeding. She is not on a schedule at all. She just eats about every 2-3 hours. My work days are never on a time schedule either. It makes things a bit difficult. The first day I went to go pick her up, I was full and ready to feed her only to find out that they had just given her a bottle. That made me a bit sad.
But really, I think it will be ok... Eventually we will work it all out. (Although it will always be hard to hand her off to her teacher... I think she is in good hands.) I sound like I am still trying to convince myself... (Maybe that's because I am!) Sure wish grandma lived near by!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home