The Bickerstaff's

Monday, November 13, 2006

Contractions already....

This Saturday evening, I thought we might be heading to the hospital... I was having contractions. They were pretty irregular, very frequent, and not necessarily painful. The feeling was more like a ton of pressure and cramping very low. I was a bit worried, but after about an hour or so, they seemed to disappear. (Braxton Hicks?) Now that that is over with, I can not begin to tell you how my thoughts have changed! This baby could come any time... She would be premature of course, but still, she could make her grand entrance at any moment. A feeling that is much more real after Saturday! The baby's furniture is still not in. (Supposed to arrive in November and still not here!!!) There are so many things I am still missing. Her room is a disaster... There is so much to do! Once we get back from our "little" holiday excursion, I am going to commit myself to getting things ready! Diaper bags, hospital bags, and much, much, more! Nothing like a little scare to push me in the right direction! This is so real now! (Not that it wasn’t before, but wow!)

3 Comments:

Blogger CAGB said...

I loved the feeling of Braxton-Hicks contractions...but I am silly. Keep up the good mommying!

11/13/2006 2:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No worries, this is when I had Austin, and he turned out just fine!!!

11/15/2006 12:30 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

LUCKY! I'm 37 weeks and I got nothin'. Just lots of elbows and knees bruising up my insides. This is when I am extremely thankful we have a planned c-section at 39 weeks. It seems my babies like it inside.

11/27/2006 1:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home