One year ago...
Below is a post from a year ago, June 26th, 2006... It amazes me to think of that time now that Addie is here. What a strong girl! She made it despite the complications. That's my girl!! Amazing!
Hold on to your Emotions!!!
WOW what a day!! Things could not be better in baby land! I was able to see the baby today...
It’s not just a blob on the screen anymore!! It had arms and legs... It was kicking and jumping all around. His/her hands were even waving up and down. The heart rate was still very visible and strong. I was able to hear it and everything today. I even got to see the two different hemispheres in its brain. (I could see all that, but no sex organs as of yet.) This was a great sonogram! The technician measured the small amount of blood left and was very impressed. She also measured the thickness of my uterine wall. Later, when I met with the doctor, he explained to me that my uterine wall is very thick and that this baby is very strong and healthy! He said there is just a small amount of blood left and it has worked its way down to the bottom. A very good sign! He thinks I will stop bleeding by next week! What a relief for me! He has no worries at this point and feels that we are very close to being out of the woods. Boy am I ready!
So to keep everyone updated on how I am “feeling” - Well, the so called morning sickness has set in. I feel like I have a hangover… It started showing up around dinner time for a few days, but now it starts much earlier in the day, and today, I felt sick as soon as I got out of bed. I never really want to eat and the thought of foods and the smell of them about kills me. It has been very hard recently to eat a balanced nutritious diet, especially since what turns me off the most is any type of meat. I have to try and sneak meat in, like put a bunch of hamburger in the spaghetti sauce, etc. I talked to the Dr. about it and he said that if I can get a protein shake down, that would be beneficial, but not to worry because most women begin to feel much better after they are in there second trimester. (a little over 2 weeks to go…)
I will consider myself blessed on this morning sickness situation. Some of my friends were sick as early as 3-4 weeks into their pregnancies. Mine waited about 7 weeks. Another reason is that I have not actually “Given Back” any food. I just feel nauseous. And lastly, it has taken us so long to get to where we are today that how could I complain. I am just blessed!!!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home